Benefits of Doing Business with an IDEA Member
It is of significant importance to note that IDEA Membership is not subscription based; it is an earned Membership. Companies are accepted into membership only after meeting all requirements and receiving a confirmation by the IDEA Board of Directors that is comprised of a highly recognized peer group.
When you do business with an IDEA Member, you are assured that the company:
- Maintains a demonstrated, sophisticated, and continually improving Quality Management System (QMS).
- Is active in advancing the quality and ethical standards of the industry.
- Has incorporated IDEA-STD-1010: Acceptability of Electronic Components Distributed in the Open Market into its QMS.
IDEA-STD-1010 was developed for the inspector to compare the characteristics of a part under inspection with the photographs and information of what is defined in the Standard as acceptable. It is the first of its find in the industry as well as the first industry-consensus-based standard to assist independent distributors and their customers in determining acceptable product based upon non-destructive visual inspection. It also includes a comprehensive introduction to the industry and its internal mechanisms that provides an excellent foundation for purchasing and.or procurement personnel as well. The IDEA-STD-1010 is comprised of approximately 250 pages, including numerous full-color photographs, and provides integral information for inspectors to ascertain conditions for acceptance vs. rejection.
- Maintains a Moisture Sensitivity Level management program that is documented in its QMS and training program.
- Holds at a minimum both ISO 9001 and ANSI/ESD S20.20 certifications.
- Has agreed to abide by the IDEA Code of Ethics.
- Maintains Product Liability Insurance at a minimum of $1 million per incident and $2 million aggregate annually.
- Has at least one (1) IDEA-ICE-3000 Certified Professional Inspector at each inspection location around the world.
In a little over two years of existence, the IDEA-ICE-3000 Professional Inspector Certification Exam continues to garner industry recognition for providing a validated source for the demonstration of competency in inspection skills, knowledge of industry best practices and standards, and research skills. In doing so, the IDEA-ICE-3000 Exam increases the confidence of both customers and employers in the quality of electronic components and provides a valuable tool in the fight against the proliferation of substandard and counterfeit components.
When a company has ensured that their personnel who conduct visual inspection of product from the excess market have been tested and certified to IDEA-ICE-3000, the company's stakeholders are provided objective evidence and cause for increased confidence in the achievement of customer satisfaction and increased marketability of their products and services.
- Maintains a minimum equipment list as defined by IDEA.
For a printable version of this information, please click here.